In ProgressPlease note that this Unit Profile is still in progress. The content below is subject to change.
This unit will provide you with the knowledge required to plan a Visual Flight Rules (VFR) flight in a small commercial aircraft. You will learn how to interpret small commercial aircraft performance data. From meteorological forecasts, you will determine the appropriate route, altitude, and alternate aerodromes. You will also learn how to conduct a weight and balance assessment for a flight.
Pre-requisites or Co-requisites
Students must meet all requisites: 1. AVAT11002 Basic Aeronautical Knowledge OR (AVAT11012 Aviation Practice AND AVAT11013 Introduction to Aviation); AND 2. AVAT11005 Flight Fundamentals; AND 3. AVAT11010 Aviation Safety Fundamentals OR AVAT11007 Flight Planning, Performance, and Operation.
Important note: Students enrolled in a subsequent unit who failed their pre-requisite unit, should drop the subsequent unit before the census date or within 10 working days of Fail grade notification. Students who do not drop the unit in this timeframe cannot later drop the unit without academic and financial liability. See details in the Assessment Policy and Procedure (Higher Education Coursework).
Offerings For Term 2 - 2023
All on-campus students are expected to attend scheduled classes – in some units, these classes are identified as a mandatory (pass/fail) component and attendance is compulsory. International students, on a student visa, must maintain a full time study load and meet both attendance and academic progress requirements in each study period (satisfactory attendance for International students is defined as maintaining at least an 80% attendance record).
Information for Class and Assessment Overview has not been released yet.This information will be available on Monday 15 May 2023
All University policies are available on the CQUniversity Policy site.
You may wish to view these policies:
- Grades and Results Policy
- Assessment Policy and Procedure (Higher Education Coursework)
- Review of Grade Procedure
- Student Academic Integrity Policy and Procedure
- Monitoring Academic Progress (MAP) Policy and Procedure – Domestic Students
- Monitoring Academic Progress (MAP) Policy and Procedure – International Students
- Student Refund and Credit Balance Policy and Procedure
- Student Feedback – Compliments and Complaints Policy and Procedure
- Information and Communications Technology Acceptable Use Policy and Procedure
This list is not an exhaustive list of all University policies. The full list of University policies are available on the CQUniversity Policy site.
Feedback, Recommendations and Responses
Every unit is reviewed for enhancement each year. At the most recent review, the following staff and student feedback items were identified and recommendations were made.
Feedback from Student Evaluation
The knowledge was very useful in real life.
Continuing to ensure the content is relevant and contemporary.
Feedback from Student Evaluation
Late return of assessments and the complexity of the assessments.
- Change assessment due dates to align better with UC availability. - Details of the assessment will be discussed in tutorials. - Ensure complexity of the assessment is consistent with the professional (CASA) standard.