The Doctor of Education (EdD) is a doctoral course of supervised research and research tasks designed for professional practitioners/educators, comprising:
The course is governed by the Research HIgher Degree Course Rules. These rules provide details pertaining to all aspects of admission, progression, submission and examination.
A higher degree by research is usually required for an academic career or a professional career in research. Many other discipline-specific employment opportunities exist as employers recognise the skills developed through a degree by research course are widely applicable in the workplace.
|Duration||4 years full-time or 8 years part-time|
|Credit Points that Must be Earned||No information available at this time|
|Number of Units Required||CQUniversity uses the concept of credits to express the amount of study required for a particular course and individual units. The number of units varies between courses.|
|Expected Hours of Study||Information not available|
|Course Type||Research Award|
|Qualification (post nominal)||DEd|
|AQF Level||Level 10: Doctoral Degree|
Tertiary Admission Centre Codes (TAC) Codes
A person may be considered for admission to candidature for the degree of Doctor of Education if the person:
· has not less than five years of professional experience in education;
· has fulfilled such other requirements as the Committee may determine from time to time; and
· has qualified for the degree of Master of Education (Research), a coursework Masters degree; or
· has been awarded the Bachelor of Learning Management with a minimum of Honours IIA at CQUniversity; or
· has such other qualifications and experience as are considered by the Committee to be equivalent to or an adequate substitute for any of the qualifications listed above.
|Interim Awards||Not applicable|
|Exit Awards||Not applicable|
|Learned Society Accreditiation||Not applicable|
No Residential School for this course.
|Year||Number of Students|
|Number of units:||Total credit points:|