This online Short Course is for sexual and reproductive health nurses who are already working in an advanced capacity, to further enhance their knowledge and skills in relation to the safe supply and administration of medication within a sexual and reproductive health program according to the Drug Therapy Protocol – Sexual Health Program (including reproductive health), relevant approved Health Management Protocol and the Queensland Health (Drugs & Poisons) Regulation 1996.
N.B. In order to undertake this course, you must first apply to True Relationships and Reproductive Health and complete the eligibility package. Once you have been approved eligible by True Relationships and Reproductive Health you will be provided with your login details and you have 16 weeks from the enrolment date to complete the course.
The fee for this short course will be $400.00.
To enrol in this course, please complete the Eligibility Pack at http://www.true.org.au.
|Course Type||Short Course (Professional Development)|
|Fees||For detailed information on Course Fees, visit Short Course Fees|
|How to Apply||For direct access to the course, visit https://cpd.cqu.edu.au/|
Tertiary Admission Centre Codes (TAC) Codes
This course is relevant for nurses working in the area of sexual health who have completed all the required prerequisites and have submitted the Eligibility Pack to True Relationships & Reproductive Health.
Undertaking this course enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course students will be awarded 40 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours and a co-branded CQUniversity and True Relationships and Reproductive Health Certificate of Completion.
After successful completion of the course, students will receive authorisation as a Sexual and Reproductive Health Nurse with Queensland Health.
Study Mode Definitions
*All study modes may include Vocational placement and/or work integrated learning.
Select a course structure below to view the delivery details , including the different study modes offered for each structure.
Ideal for Registered Nurses working in the area of sexual health, you will be required to have met all prerequisites, and have submitted an Eligibility Pack to True Relationships and Reproductive Health.
Course Learning Outcomes:
1. Demonstrate the ability to apply relevant legislation, policies and ethical principles to professional practice as an Authorised DTP Sexual Health Program Nurse
2. Define the differences between the key pharmacological principles:
a) including drug actions
b) principles and methods of administration and supply
c) drug calculations
d) application of specific drugs in specific conditions
e) identify needs of specific groups
f) normal and adverse reactions to drug therapy
g) appropriate interventions.
3. Demonstrate an advanced level of knowledge of Authorised Nurse's roles and responsibilities in the supply and administration of drugs
4. Implement comprehensive medication assessment for contraception, and supply medication according to the employer's Health Management Protocol and Drug Therapy Protocol - Sexual Health Program (including Reproductive Health)
5. Demonstrate the ability to deliver quality immunisation services according to:
a) Employer's Health Management Protocol and Drug Therapy Protocol - Sexual Health Program (including Reproductive Health)
b) Australian Immunisation Handbook
c) National Vaccine Storage Guidelines
6. Demonstrate the ability to assess individual client's vaccination requirements, manage vaccine processes and vaccination procedures
7. Identify and treat anaphylaxis according to organisational guidelines and procedures.